Announcing the relese of Enzo v2.6

dko...@gatech.edu

Aug 2, 2019, 1:55:11 PM8/2/19
to enzo-...@googlegroups.com, enzo...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of Version 2.6 of the Enzo code. This is a periodic release that includes all changes committed to the Enzo BitBucket repository, and now the Github repository, since March 2016. This release contains some new features and a number of enhancements and bugfixes.

Our biggest change has been our transition from Mercurial to Git and a corresponding change from bitbucket to github. All future updates will only be found in our new github repository (https://github.com/enzo-project/enzo-dev).

New features include: The long awaited Active Particle framework; Fuzzy Dark Matter solver and corresponding test problems; subgrid-scale turbulence model and corresponding test problem; magnetic supernova feedback for simple star particles.

There have been a number of enhancements to the hydro, MHD, radiation transport, and star particle routines, and a variety of performance enhancements to the same set of packages.

There have also been a number of significant bugfixes, including several memory leaks.

We urge all users to update to the latest version if they are using Enzo 2.5 or earlier. We strongly encourage all users to use Enzo from a clone of the git repository, which will facilitate reproducible work with the code.

For more information about Enzo, see https://enzo-project.org/.

For the release notes and changelog, see https://enzo-project.org/ReleaseNotes.html and the CHANGELOG file in the root directory of the enzo-dev repository.

On behalf of the Enzo collaboration,

Daegene Koh