Re: [enzo-dev] Questions about using the "ApplyTimeAction" function

Greg Bryan

Nov 27, 2022, 2:56:29 PM11/27/22
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruiyu — Grid->ApplyTimeAction is called on all grids on all levels at the requested time, so if energy is not being added to some cells, I would double check the criterion you are using to identify the cells you want to add energy to. Based on your images, it looks like it is only adding energy to some set of cells, so you would need to check the code you added to Grid_ApplyTimeAction.C to see what it is doing (and maybe print debug statements to work out why it is adding energy only to certain cells and not others).

Best,
Greg

On Nov 18, 2022, at 4:38 AM, zry...@163.com <zry...@163.com> wrote:

Hi everyone!

I am a new user of enzo-dev. Recently I run a test to add some amount of energy in several grids at time t. I add the energy to the grids using the Grid_ApplyTimeAction.C file. It works well when one processor was used, but if more processors were used, only one processor outputs data(as the figure shows). The parallel operation output is fine if I only set the initial condition without using the time action function.  I don't know why. Anyone can give me a hand? Thank you!

Sincerely,
Ruiyu

<捕获.PNG>

<捕获.PNG>

zry...@163.com

Dec 13, 2022, 7:15:13 AM12/13/22
to enzo-dev
Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for your reply. I thought maybe I was using this function incorrectly, as I noticed that the feedback items are added in the "EvolveLevel.C" file and what I want to add is similar.

Sincerely,
Ruiyu