Postdoctoral position in exascale galaxy formation - Michigan State University

Brian O'Shea

Oct 31, 2019, 8:36:55 AM10/31/19
to enzo-dev, enzo-...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Please forward this to anybody that you think might be interested!

I'm pleased to announce that I am looking for a postdoctoral researcher working in effectively any area of computational galaxy formation, with an application deadline of December 16, 2019.  The primary focus of this position is to study galaxy formation and evolution using the Enzo-E code, which is a complete rewrite of Enzo to address the architectures of next-generation supercomputers.  The responsibilities of this position include performing research in theoretical galaxy formation and participating in Enzo-E code development within the Enzo-E collaboration in support of this research.  The successful applicant will collaborate with researchers at Michigan State University as well as members of the Enzo-E development team on projects of mutual interest.  There will also be professional development opportunities, including mentoring, teaching, grant-writing, and public outreach.  Funding is available immediately, although the expected start date is summer or early fall 2020.

I've attached the full job advertisement, which contains all of the details of the position.  It will appear on the AAS Job Register shortly.  Interested applicants are welcome to contact me at os...@msu.edu.

Regards,
Brian

-------------
Brian W. O’Shea
Michigan State University
http://www.msu.edu/~oshea

Professor,
  Department of Computational Mathematics, Science and Engineering
  Department of Physics and Astronomy
  National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory

Director, Institute for Cyber-Enabled Research

MSU_Enzo-E-postdoc_position.pdf