*[Enwl-eng] Ecuador: Stop the mining industry's violence against women!

1 view

ENWL

Dec 6, 2022, 4:45:00 AM12/6/22
to "ENWL-uni"

Please SIGN: Stop miners' violence against women +++ Bolsonaro voted out, but is the rainforest safe? +++ the Ka'apor people defend Amazonia

Email not displaying correctly? Display newsletter in browser
Working together for the rainforest
Rainforest Rescue
A colorful mural of plants and an indigenous woman on the walls of a small building with the inscription: “Let’s defend the water without fear”
Petition

Ecuador: Stop the mining industry's violence against women!

Dear friends of the rainforests,

Alba Bermeo Puin was five months pregnant when she and her unborn child were gunned down by mining company thugs. She leaves her family and community in a state of deep shock and grief. This is the third recent attack on women resisting mining in the Ecuadorian province of Azuay.

The escalating violence in Ecuador that culminated in her murder is by no means an isolated case, but a sequence of events leading up to a predictable killing. There is a clear pattern of brutality related to mining.

With this petition, we are calling for international solidarity with the courageous activists standing up to the mining companies. Please take action by signing and sharing it. We will be delivering this petition to the Ecuadorian authorities in the very near future.

TAKE ACTION

Thanks for being involved,

John Hayduska

Rainforest Rescue (Rettet den Regenwald e. V)

Portrait

Share this petition
 Facebook   Twitter   WhatsApp   Email

From our partners

Bolsonaro voted out – but is the Amazon rainforest safe?

In a tight race, Jair Bolsonaro was voted out and Lula da Silva will once again be president of Brazil. We asked our partner organizations there what this means for them, their work, the indigenous peoples and the rainforests.

NEWS
Indigenous Ka'apor standing in a double row in front of two huts in the forest

Brazil: Help the indigenous Ka'apor defend the Amazon rainforest

The indigenous Ka'apor have preserved the last major rainforest area in the southeastern Amazon, but they are under siege by loggers, cattle ranchers and mining companies. Please help the Ka'apor with a donation to mount an effective defense and keep their ancestral forest safe.

DONATE NOW

Follow us

 Facebook   Twitter

Rettet den Regenwald e.V. (Rainforest Rescue)
Jupiterweg 15, 22391 Hamburg, Germany
Tel: +49 40 228 510 80

in...@rainforest-rescue.org  •  www.rainforest-rescue.org

Photo Credits:
image 1: Accion Ecológica
image 2: Felipe Werneck/Ibama/CC BY-SA2.0
image 3: Poema/Johann Graf

Sent: Monday, December 05, 2022 8:58 PM
Subject: Ecuador: Stop the mining industry's violence against women!