*[Enwl-eng] One forest every 28 days

ENWLine

Jul 9, 2021, 7:27:29 PMJul 9
to "ENWL-uni"

As you read this, the European Commission is making its final decision on whether burning trees is acceptable

They have been lobbied hard by the forestry industry, which wants to burn more and more trees for energy.

But we know our forests are not fuel. They need protecting. We have been asking the EU to listen to the calls from science and from people like us across Europe to stop destroying and burning forests.

These meetings are long drawn out affairs. We know that decision makers won't be glued to the debate the whole time, they'll be using their phones to keep up to date with the world. This means, scrolling on social media.

If we send out tweets now, we can be sure that when they take a break they don't stop thinking about the future of our forest. So as the European Commission finalises its proposal, we are taking to Twitter, to remind them that burning trees is not green.

If you have Twitter, please take a minute to tweet with us.

If you don't have Twitter, don't worry. We will be watching today's decision of the Commission closely, and there will be more chances to take action soon!

In solidarity,

Anna (London), Olga (Bologna) on behalf of the WeMove Europe team

WeMove Europe is an independent and values-based organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe in the name of our community, future generations and the planet.

WeMove Europe SCE mbH | Planufer 91 Berlin | www.wemove.eu | Privacy policy

Sent: Friday, July 09, 2021 3:55 PM
Subject: One forest every 28 days