*[Enwl-eng] What did the HEAD of the UN just say??

0 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

ENWLine

ongelezen,
22 sep 2021, 10:26:5822-09-2021
aan "ENWL-uni"

Our message has power!! The head of the UN just *challenged* the world's top politicians to act forcefully on the Climate Emergency, citing a study that Avaaz helped launch days ago! Let's make his words a clarion call for action: Dear friends, Yesterday we stood with children facing climate anxiety, and helped spread their message to the world. And it worked!!TODAY, our words echoed through the halls of power -- with the head of the UN himself taking the podium in front of the world's most powerful politicians, and telling them future voters feel betrayed by them.We can't stop now. The world's eyes are on these politicians as they meet for the UN General Assembly. Let's make sure the call for climate action becomes one of the most watched messages of the week.We're running out of time. Watch and retweet now:Retweet
Watch and Retweet
[...]

Let's be clear -- we still have a massive gulf to bridge between what climate science says we must do (no new coal, oil or gas), and what politicians captured by fossil fuel interests are prepared to do.

With only a few weeks to go before the mega climate summit of the decade - in Glasgow - this week's gathering of the world's politicians is a crucial moment to hold them accountable. Unless we do, it'll be more of business as usual.

Now the head of the UN himself has told them to their face loud and clear, that they must step up, or face the judgment of history. We've seen what happens when we act together. Our numbers cannot be rivalled. If we act with our full power, we can make the demands for climate action irresistible -- click below to watch and retweet.

It was funds from the Avaaz community that made this historic study on climate anxiety possible, and now it has been shared with those in the halls of power. But it could be a passing reference, or it could become a dominant force changing the politics of climate. Our movement has the power to make it big, as we have done time and time again to fight for a livable future. Let’s do it again now, when it's needed more than ever.

With hope and determination,

Risalat, Patricia, Pascal, Martyna, Nell, and the entire team at Avaaz

Avaaz is a 65-million-person global campaign network that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 18 countries on 6 continents and operates in 17 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
You became a member of the Avaaz movement and started receiving these emails when you signed "Join Avaaz!" on 2013-08-06.
To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact .
Avaaz.org
27 Union Square West
Suite 500