*[Enwl-eng] Stand Up for Cleaner Air: Submit Your Comments on EPA's Mercury & Air Toxics Standards Proposal

ENWL

May 18, 2023, 7:29:20 PM5/18/23
to "ENWL-uni"

Logos of the Climate Action Campaign & Solutions For Pollution Coalition

Dear Friend,

Mercury. Arsenic. Chromium. Lead.

These are among eighty-plus deadly pollutants contained in toxic air pollution from power plants. This kind of pollution harms our health & devastates our climate—especially mercury, a dangerous neurotoxin that poses a particular danger to kids and other vulnerable populations.

That’s why the EPA recently released a proposal to strengthen the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS). This is a critical step forward. Now we need you to stand up, speak out, and submit a public comment telling the EPA to finalize the strongest possible standards so we can protect our health and environment.

These lifesaving standards are a success story. The protections have achieved a 90% cut in mercury pollution from power plants, and at the same time, they’ve cleaned up dangerous particle pollution.

This can only happen, though, if the EPA finalizes the strongest possible protections from mercury and other toxic air pollution. Click the button on the right  & submit a public comment to the EPA urging them to do just that!

It's time to stand up and speak out. Let's do this!

Sarah Sem

Digital Campaigner

Climate Action Campaign

Photo of factory