*[Enwl-eng] [EU Deforestation Campaign] 🥳🌴🙏 Closing the campaign | Recording & slides | Invite to celebrate in Brussels | Thank you!

1 view

ENWL

Feb 2, 2023, 7:28:00 PM2/2/23
to "ENWL-uni"

From: Liesbeth Van den Bossche <lvanden...@wwf.eu>
Date: вт, 31 янв. 2023 г. в 18:03
Subject: [EU Deforestation Campaign] 🥳🌴🙏 Closing the campaign | Recording & slides | Invite to celebrate in Brussels | Thank you!

Dear all,

Thank you very much for attending the #Together4Forests closing webinar earlier this month. It was nice to see so many of you and celebrate together!

For those of you who have missed it, you can find the recording here and consult the updated slides here. Do check out the celebratory YouTube video as technology did not allow us to play it during the webinar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l3tO4PkL10

Phasing out

As we mentioned in the webinar, we did something big together, with you. We’re now phasing out the campaign and will shift more into day to day work - so it’s not done yet

A big thank you to all of you for your tireless efforts and great enthusiasm!

We had an amazing journey with you and obtained something impactful together. Read more below…

Policy update - phasing in…

After the publication of the text of the final agreement on 21 December '22 and the vote in the Envi Committee in January '23, everybody is waiting for the law to enter into force. It looks like the text could be voted on in the European Parliament plenary on 30 March (to be confirmed). Then it would still need the agreement of the Council and translation. The European Commission thinks that the legislation could enter into force in April/May/June 2023 (nope, they were not more precise). If that is the case, the legislation will apply to companies by Q3 or Q4 in 2024 and for micro-and small companies somewhere in the beginning of 2025.

And last but not least… Invitation!

If you happen to be in Brussels on Tuesday 7 March, please come and celebrate with us!

After more than 2 years of hard work, the #Together4Forests core coalition would like to invite you to a closed-door evening event to celebrate the historic agreement for a new regulation on deforestation-free products. This informal event will bring together different stakeholders who have contributed to making this law a reality, including EU officials, MEPs, scientists, and NGOs.

The invite-only event will be held from 18:30 to 22:00 on Tuesday, 7 March 2023 at the WWF European Policy Office, 123 Rue du Commerce,1000 Brussels, Belgium.

REGISTER HERE

This memorable event will start with some short speeches and will be followed by finger food and drinks. We hope to see you there!

The #Together4Forests core coalition*

*ClientEarth, Conservation International, Environmental Investigation Agency, Fern, Forest Peoples Programme, Global Witness, Greenpeace EU and WWF European Policy Office.

Liesbeth VAN DEN BOSSCHE | EU Campaign Manager | WWF European Policy Office | 123 Rue du Commerce, 1000 Brussels, Belgium | EU Transparency Register Nr: 1414929419-24 | E-mail: lvanden...@wwf.eu | Phone: + 32 477 81 10 20 | Skype: lvandenbossche_2

www.wwf.eu | @WWFEU / @L_VdBossche

Sign-up to the WWF EU monthly newsletter

Вы получили это сообщение, поскольку подписаны на группу "seu-international".

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 7:06 PM