Late binding?

Simon Platten

Dec 24, 2013, 11:57:28 AM12/24/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
I have written a series of objects in JS utilising SVG to produce SCADA style mimics.  In order to use either Flotr or Envision graphs I have created a wrapper object that adds a 'foreignobject' to the document.

The entire MIMIC layout is specified in an XML file, which is loaded at run-time, this means the graph(s) will not be present in the document when it is initially loaded.  So far I'm using Flotr, but I'm getting exceptions as it expects the container to be visible at the same time as the script is loaded.

Is there a version of Flotr or Envision that can be loaded and associated with a container after the document has loaded?

Thank you,

Carl Sutherland

Dec 24, 2013, 1:29:44 PM12/24/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
Hey Simon, you should be able to use a _.delay, or actual DOM load events, to wait for the document to be rendered.

-Carl

Simon Platten

Dec 24, 2013, 2:42:04 PM12/24/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Carl I'll give it a go, have a great Xmas.