It is possible for x-axis plot labels to adjust to selection?

David Grossman

Sep 13, 2013, 1:44:59 PM9/13/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
For the timeseries graph, which allow a selection in the summary graph be displayed on the detail graph, is it possible for the x-axis plot labels to variably adjust to the domain selected, just like the y-axis labels adjust to the range plotted?

David Grossman

Sep 18, 2013, 12:41:29 PM9/18/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
I got it showing, but it was hidden behind the graph so I had to make space between summary and detail timeseries graphs and shift the x-axis labels down.

.envision-timeseries .flotr-grid-label {
                margin-top: 15px;
            }

however I don't want to move both the y-axis and the x-axis labels down (because then the shifted y-axis labels don't correspond with what's plotted anymore)

Is there a way I can separate the x-axis and the y-axis labels, and move them in CSS independently?

Carl Sutherland

Sep 20, 2013, 5:00:03 AM9/20/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
Yes!  The labels come with the class .flotr-grid-label-x and .flotr-grid-label-y.  Also, consider z-index positioning if it's simply a matter of stacking the labels on top the chart.

-Carl

David Grossman

Sep 20, 2013, 8:13:04 PM9/20/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
Huh, way cool! One more thing, I had a date which i multiplied by the values in the envisionJS files to enter them in milliseconds so I could see it in time format (day: 864e5, month: 2592e6, year: 31556952e3) and it got plotted 1970 years and 1 month into the future. I offset that by subtracting 1970+1/12 years, but Jan 1970 seems like a library-specific subset - is that where the calendar starts?

Also, is it possible for the mousetracker to track the date as it is shown on the x-axis? For me it shows the number of milliseconds the date represents so I take the lesser of two evils and only show the y-coordinate.

Carl Sutherland

Oct 1, 2013, 2:16:26 AM10/1/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
That's where the unix epoch starts.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time  Not sure specifically what you're running into, but double check that it's actually the number of milliseconds you're converting to.

-c