Simplest Way to Redraw Finance Chart

Donna Peplinskie

Sep 5, 2012, 3:48:51 PM9/5/12
to envis...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there an easy way to redraw the Finance chart if the data has changed? Currently I'm wiping the chart every time and then recreating it, but I'm wondering if there's a method that could be called to redraw it?

Thx.

Carl Sutherland

Sep 5, 2012, 3:55:36 PM9/5/12
to envis...@googlegroups.com
Check out the component.draw() API.  It should be straight forward to add a draw method to the template, as well, which will update the necessary components.

-Carl

ave...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2013, 11:57:26 AM7/11/13
to envis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl, can you help me? Is there any example for separate component redrawing? I've looked into the component.draw() method, but can't figure out  how to reach it from outside the template. It takes two args : data, config, it is clear with data - the collection of point to draw, but how to be with config?
I could not find any info on this topic any where but for this post...
And the other question that stacked in my mind - why does it draw twice - first time the original one and second time zoomed version of the graphs? Would it be better to draw a zoomed graph at once?
Any help would be appreciated!