MMS and file size

Alban

Aug 18, 2018, 10:56:48 AM8/18/18
to envayasms
Hello everybody.

I know nobody work on this project since a while but I want to know if I expect an known issue.

I try to catch pictures from inbound MMS, but the size of image/jpeg is allways 0 ($_FILES['the part']['size']).
I can catch without problem the smil file, but the image is totaly empty.

It's my phone ? My Android version ? The app ?

Thank you if you can ;)

Alban

Sep 8, 2018, 3:48:18 AM9/8/18
to envayasms
After a lots of tests.

It' going from the phone (or the android version) : Moto G3.

I have taked a old android, and everythings goes fine now.

Ilham zar

Sep 16, 2018, 7:22:00 AM9/16/18
to envayasms
im using xiaomi redmi and cant send sms.i dont know what wrong

Iain Dooley

Jun 8, 2019, 12:38:56 PM6/8/19
to envayasms
Hi Alban,

I'm having the same issue of 0 byte files appearing on the server. You stated that when you went to an older version of Android it resolved the issue.

I took a look at Telerivet:

I can see it says:

"Telerivet Gateway also supports receiving MMS messages (on Android 4.4 or older)"

Since I assume Jesse reused much of the codebase it seems logical that this is the same version below which the MMS messages work correctly for Envaya also.

I should be able to get a stock ROM for 4.4 or older for the device I have handy, can you please confirm that this was the version you found resolved the issue? Thanks!

Iain

Iain Dooley

Jun 10, 2019, 5:43:24 AM6/10/19
to envayasms
Hi all, I have confirmed the MMS receiving works correctly on 2.1 and 4.4 on a couple of old devices I managed to find this weekend, so indeed it appears anything 4.4 and below, MMS arrives at the server with a non 0 byte size correctly as suggested in the Telerivet documentation.

Luis Valle

Feb 16, 2021, 11:43:18 AM2/16/21
to envayasms
I was having the same issue. after a few days of messing with the code I noticed this method was returning empty bytes[]:

public byte[] getData() throws IOException

I updated the method and now it works on my newer cellphone. I have it running against a C# .net Core backend and I no longer get empty images;

you can download the modified .apk here: envayaSMS_images_fix

Luis Valle

Feb 16, 2021, 11:45:13 AM2/16/21
to envayasms
It would be nice if someone can test this updated .apk agains old devices (running android versions  2.1 thru 4.4).