outgoing MMS

voip man

Feb 6, 2018, 4:26:21 AM2/6/18
to envayasms
Hello,

I am new in EnvayaSMS.

Can we send MMS via envayaSMS ?

Thanks,
ThanhTruong

Luis Valle

Feb 18, 2021, 9:08:55 PM2/18/21
to envayasms
I just added support for sending MMS with images. it works by two ways:

1) attaching a base64 image string to the JSON object (not recommended but works)
2) passing a valid url of an image.

Let me know if interested I will post a link to the modified file here

Iain Dooley

Feb 18, 2021, 9:42:06 PM2/18/21
to enva...@googlegroups.com
Hey Luis,

That sounds awesome, I'd love to try the MMS sending. I use older Androids too so I can test your latest patches on Android 4.x

Luis Valle

Feb 18, 2021, 11:25:04 PM2/18/21
to enva...@googlegroups.com
Perfect, I will paste it tomorrow morning, I still have a bunch of logging to remove and I also want to implement some improvements. For example I plan on sending 50 people the same image and right now the code downloas the image 50 times, which is unnecessary. So I'm going to change it around so that it'll download once and check if it has it in a cache and reuse those bytes.

One quick note, this has only been tested on my LG phone running version 8 of Android so it will be cool to see what it does on a real old android version.

Iain Dooley

Feb 19, 2021, 5:34:33 AM2/19/21
to enva...@googlegroups.com

Luis Valle

Feb 19, 2021, 11:38:42 AM2/19/21
to envayasms
I'm posting a modified version of envayaSMS with MMS support for sending the following file-types:
  • jpg (tested and working)
  • mp4 (tested and working)
  • gif (not tested)
  • tiff (not tested)
  • png (not tested)
  • wbpm (not tested)
  • avi (not tested)
  • m4v (not tested)
  • mpg (not tested)
WARNING!: this version is still under testing and should be considered a beta, there is still plenty to fix as you will notice some connection errors. SENDING MMS messages does not work over WIFI! Therefor the app will toggle wifi to off for MMS messages and on again after sending the message which is generating some errors.

THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED on an LG phone running android version 8.0.0 (ATT carrier) - I have no clue how it will do with other phones specially older models.

ALSO you need to find out your carrier's APN settings which you must pass to envayaSMS is the request JSON object. Retrieving APN settings from the app is no longer allowed in modern versions of Android, therefor the reason to do it this way. Maybe in the future we can look into adding more textboxes in the app to store those settings via the UI. You can find your APN settings by doing a google search for something like "apn settings for verizon".

Sending MMS attachments is supported in two ways:
  1. passing a valid file Url (example: https://www.misalon.club/SharedFiles/26981726.jpg)
  2. passing a base64 encoded file string (not recommended, but has been tested with really small files and works)

REQUIREMENTS:
  • download and install this version of envayaSMS (HERE)
  • modify your JSON request object as the following:
{
events: [
{
event: "send"
messages: [
{
id: 7593539,      // some unique id
to: "+19039180000",                   // cell number must start with + and country code like +1 for USA
message: "this is a sample MMS message",
// all values below are optional and only required for MMS messages
messagetype: "MMS",    // use "SMS" for regular messages
messageattachmentfiletype: "url", // use "base64" for passing a base64 encoded file
messageattachmentfileextension: "jpg", // see the above list for supported types
messageattachmenturlorbase64: "https://www.misalon.club/SharedFiles/26981726.jpg", // or the base64 string
apnmmsc: "http://mmsc.mobile.att.net", // must be specific to your mobile carrier
apnproxy: "proxy.mobile.att.net", // must be specific to your mobile carrier
apnport: "80" // must be specific to your mobile carrier
}
]
}
]
}

I will post more updates as I get to fixing/improving things...