New post: Event to learn about the 5 Big Moves for regional transportation-Sept 12-Vista Library 5:30pm

esconeigh...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2019, 8:06:16 PM8/30/19
to enu-anno...@googlegroups.com, enu-d...@googlegroups.com

Amazing things are happening (or may happen) in our regional transportation planning. The old, scandal-ridden San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) was purged and a new, bold, visionary Executive Director Hasan Ikhrata was hired.  Now, the staff of SANDAG is developing a new vision for workable, effective, transportation in our region.  Thanks to our friends at the North County Climate Change Alliance the following event is being held.

This issue is one of the most important issue for our region and our future!  Please learn more and attend if you can.

Our Changing Climate Series

Thursday, September 12th 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Vista Library 700 Eucalyptus Ave., Vista, CA 92084

A Bold New Transportation Vision in 5 Big Moves!
Presentation by
The San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG)

Join us for this presentation about SANDAG’s bold new vision for building a world class transportation system for San Diego!

“SANDAG is developing a bold new vision for San Diego Forward: The 2021 Regional Plan with the goal of transforming the way people and goods move throughout the San Diego region. The region’s population is anticipated to reach four million by 2050, which will lead to new challenges in maintaining an efficient, equitable, sustainable, and accessible transportation system. Our approach needs to evolve.”
This talk will discuss this new vision and the 5 Big Moves. The 5 Big Moves are the key strategies that will outline a path forward that builds upon existing infrastructure, enhances connectivity, increases safety and sustainability, and improves quality of life.

Complementary light refreshments will be provided by Elaine Byran from Body and Soul Nourishment. This free event is hosted by the North County Climate Change Alliance and the Vista Public Library.

Read more: http://escondidoneighborsunited.blogspot.com/2019/08/event-to-learn-about-5-big-moves-for.html