Next Entrepreneurship Call - Josh Schwarzapel, CEO of OnTheAir

1 view

Mike McCormick

May 15, 2012, 10:53:19 PM5/15/12
to Entrepreneurship Forum
Hey everyone!

I'm extremely excited to announce that our next call will be this Sunday, 5/20 from 7-8pm EST. Our featured guest will be Josh Schwarzapel, Co-Founder and CEO of OnTheAir, a Cali-based venture-backed startup (more details about OTA below). Josh will speak about building a company from the ground up, raising venture capital from True Ventures,  and anything else we can think to ask him.

I'm also excited to announce that instead of using a conference call line, we'll be hosting the call through OnTheAir's streaming video platform. This way we'll get to see Josh's product in action as he tells us how he and his co-founders have built it. (Awesome!)

To RSVP to the call and to attend please go to this link: http://www.ontheair.com/show/1011

About OnTheAir

OnTheAir allows anyone who is watching a live stream to video chat with the host in front of the audience. OnTheAir’s streaming video platform powers radio call-in shows for the digital age.

A host sets up an OnTheAir show and selects a start time. They receive a unique URL that leads to a landing page with a countdown to their show. OnTheAir lets the host schedule tweets for an hour and a few minutes before the show starts to promote themselves. When the show starts, the host begins live video streaming to the audience.

Viewers can text chat with each other and the host, or click a “Call In” button to alert the host that they want to join them “on stage”. The viewer is intelligently walked through an equipment check to turn on their webcam and mic, and shown a preview so they can check their hair. Meanwhile the host can look at the previews of anyone asking to call in, and select who to bring on stage with them for simultaneous, sync’d up video streaming to the audience.

Many thanks to our own Kevin Miller for connecting us to Josh. Kevin will be working at OnTheAir this summer as a part of True Ventures VC Intern program.

Josh Schwarzapel's Linkedin can be found at:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/joshschwarzapel

Thanks!
Mike

--