Tonight's call

Brian Lieberman

Apr 29, 2012, 8:30:51 PM4/29/12
to entrepreneu...@googlegroups.com
That was a great call! Rick was awesome.

Mike, sorry to cut you off at the book sharing part of the call. Would love to hear what stories/news/books you guys have been reading lately.

I didn't follow the Instagram/Facebook story very closely; interested to hear what you guys think Facebook plans to do with Instagram.

Books I'm reading now are:
Tribes by Seth Godin
Made To Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die

Mike McCormick

Apr 29, 2012, 8:40:03 PM4/29/12
to Brian Lieberman, entrepreneu...@googlegroups.com
No prob Brian. Your last 3 questions were great.

I am currently reading "Venture Deals" by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson. Moving to "The Startup of You" by Reid Hoffman.

One of the coolest tidbits i've come across about the FB Instagram story was that it was allegedly negotiated pretty much completely between Mark Zuck and the Instagram CEO at Zuck's house over a couple days. Instagram's CEO apparently wanted 2Bil. Zuck talked him down to 1.

Another cool article from Ben Horowitz of the Angel firm Andreeson-Horowitz about the deal, what they made, and how they were criticized for "blowing the deal" even though they turned a 300+X profit. http://www.businessinsider.com/this-investor-made-78-million-on-a-250000-bet-and-everyone-thinks-he-blew-it-2012-4

Cheers,
Mike

Mike McCormick

Vinny Inverso

Apr 29, 2012, 8:44:43 PM4/29/12
to Mike McCormick, Brian Lieberman, entrepreneu...@googlegroups.com
Here's another Instagram related piece of media that I found to be particularly enlightening-it's a ~50 min talk the founders gave back in 11' at Stanford--tons of insights.
Thanks again for the talk.

Best,
Vinny

Benjamin Zeidler

Apr 30, 2012, 11:04:03 AM4/30/12
to Vinny Inverso, Mike McCormick, Brian Lieberman, entrepreneu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the great notes, Austin -- felt like I was at the call.  Sorry to miss this one boys.  Love to see how this is growing and the speakers are still rolling in.

PLEASE send Mike some leads on speakers in your personal network and PLEASE invite your entrepreneurially-minded friends to these.  We need to keep growing.

Ben