Notes from the Entrepreneur Commons meeting

Marc Dangeard

Sep 26, 2008, 2:53:40 PM9/26/08
to Marc Dangeard
Hello,

Just to follow up on our discussion from the breakfast meeting last Wednesday at Orrick, see my notes from the meeting below.
I have also saved this info on the wiki, feel free to go and add to it: http://entreco.pbwiki.com/SFevent080924

After the discussion, I added a lot of content to the wiki, to clarify some of the points where there was questions.
I am interested in your feedback on this, feel free to comment on the discussion group.

Next steps:
  • We will organize a follow up meeting soon to start the self help group. I will send an email later on to confirm a date.
  • Also: if you have people you know who could be interested (entrepreneurs, investors or potential corporate sponsors) please send them the website info or send them my way so that we can start growing the group organically

point discussed:

  • What is Entrepreneur Commons:
    • define the box / selection process: who is this for, what stage, what type of business
    • clarify message to the 3 audiences (investors, entrepreneurs, partners)
    • Differentiate from existing equivalent efforts

  • What can we do while the fund is being raised:
    • Chart describing EC
    • Start self help
    • Get corporate sponsors access to execs
    • Talk to unversities

  • Membership fees:
    • Membership fees could be 50/month or a mix of cash and stock for entrepreneurs with no cash at the begining (for example $10,000/year which could be $1000 cash and $9000 stock)

--
Marc Dangeard - ma...@dangeard.com
Blog: http://bizcoach.blogspot.com