Discussion on membership

mdan...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2008, 1:55:32 AM9/27/08
to Entrepreneur Commons WorkGroup
Regarding sponsor-members and facilitator members:
- facilitator members are independent consultants that volunteer to
help within a self help group, They would typically come when
requested by the self help group entrepreneur-members when they want
to discuss a specific area of interest. They can also be staff members
of the Entrepreneur Commons attending meeting to make sure the group
is working ok.
- sponsor members are somewhat similar in the role that they play.
They may attend meetings if they wish but are otherwise called to
contribute when needed.
The idea here is that there is a value for a corporation to stay
involved with innovation, which is happening in startups. So they may
be interested in having people involved with the Entrepreneur Commons.
From the entrepreneur prospective, they can be a contact point if
there is a need to talk to people at the executive level within the
corporation, as a way to accelerate a partnership or sales process.
We will limit the number of such members to make sure we have a
healthy mix, with a majority of entrepreneur-members or investor-
members.