RE: [Entombed] Digest for entombedgame@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Lee Hardy

Aug 15, 2021, 12:04:57 PM8/15/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Anyone know the differences between version 1.02 and version 1.05?

I am thinking about upgrading.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Aug 15, 2021, 5:10:34 PM8/15/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

HI,

Version 1.05 was a update to version 1.02. I would suggest taking advantage of some of the bugs that were fixed and moving to 1.05.

Shermanator

Jason Symes

Aug 15, 2021, 5:37:43 PM8/15/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
The only bug that was fixed in 1.05b was the picklock for the thief,
there were no other bug fixes or content changes. If this isn't a
problem for you, I'd advise sticking with the less buggy 1.02k you've
already got installed. Any saved game you started in 1.02k would now
be useless when upgrading, and you'd also have to uninstall any of
1.02k's older prerequisits before installing 1.05b, which doesn't
always install it's newer prereq versions correctly. 1.05b was a test
version experimenting with a new installer, I think it's safe to say
that experiment was a failure, and the developer made it clear that
1.02k was still the official general release.

--
Jason Symes

squi...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2021, 2:44:17 PM8/16/21
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Good points. I also thought another big fix in 1.05 was the path of mirrors. Not Ogmok but the other path I rarely go. Wasn't is something about your minions would attack you instead of their mirror counterparts? I remember that being fixed just not what version.

Good luck and happy dungeon crawling.

Shermanator
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/entombedgame/CAOf7%3DdAHu1sqhup0cqNwN49ppgT5LKTyJgZzgoJERRGHS1BuPg%40mail.gmail.com.