Entombed is now free for all.

Dingo

Dec 25, 2017, 9:11:25 AM12/25/17
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hi everyone!

Sorry for being absent for so long. I'm essentially a slave to my job, hah. I've had a lot of success over the past few years making casual games for mobile players (unfortunately, these haven't been accessible) but I haven't had a break out hit where I could dedicate some time for other games. I'm currently in the United States away from my development environment in Australia so it's possible I messed this up, but you should be able to log in to your account and have full access if you didn't have it before. If you create a new account, that should be automatically upgraded. I also reset all the scores, so hopefully that is working again too.

The server I've been running this on is extremely expensive compared to the ones I use today for my games so I'll eventually migrate it over. Maybe with a new release if I can manage it.

Every time I get some spare holiday time, I try to dedicate some time to accessible game development and I have made some cool stuff - sadly, none of it release-worthy yet.

For anyone who has had issues purchasing or delay in communication, I apologize. Due to the legacy nature of the game, I try to queue up a lot of fixes at the same time.

Cheers!
Jason

Niall Hartnett

Dec 25, 2017, 9:23:02 AM12/25/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jason,
I want to say thanks so much for all the work you did for us in
developping such an indepth game for the blind. I hope some day you
can get the chance to work on accessible games again, but I understand
the strain that the demands of a fulltime job can put you under.
All the best.
Niall

lenron brown

Dec 25, 2017, 11:40:06 AM12/25/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for this! I must say this was a lovely Christmas gift
to wake up to considering the fact, I was just talking about the game
the other day and wondering if I could still purchase. Happy Holidays,
and if you update this epic game at some point could you add NVDA as a
supported screen reader? I
--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Jason Symes

Dec 25, 2017, 7:17:50 PM12/25/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hey Jason, great to hear from you again! Just curious to know if you
plan to pick up Skeleton Tower again in the future, or if that project
is abandoned? Hope you and the rest of the listers have a wonderful
Christmas!
Jason Symes

Joan Melendez

Dec 25, 2017, 8:08:40 PM12/25/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I attempted to create an account and it’s still asks me for payment information

DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE JenniOS INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. The opinions expressed are those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect those of JenniOS. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

Dingo

Dec 25, 2017, 9:50:55 PM12/25/17
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
I just checked and all the accounts should be upgraded. After you log in, it should work, but I can't test it from here.

If you forgot your username or password, try using the forgot my password option from the main menu. It will send an email with both.

If your email address has changed, the easiest thing to do is just create a new account. Please let me know how you go.

Thanks,
Jason

Brandon Keith Biggs

Dec 26, 2017, 3:48:40 AM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I created a new account and got the message to open a website to finish my payment:

Thanks,

Michael Maslo

Dec 26, 2017, 6:03:06 AM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
hi jason i created a account with the name of maslo. i tried to register the game but when i did it broughtt me to the paypal page to buy the product. what do i need to do to register the game and get the game unlocked? any help will be greatly appreciatedw

Sent from my iPad

lenron brown

Dec 26, 2017, 6:26:23 AM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
you click the upgrade option in the main menu of the game. Enter your
account details and you should get a message about. Your game being
updated to the latest version.

Amy Herstein

Dec 26, 2017, 9:51:43 AM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Jason and everyone, a belated merry Christmas, and a happy holiday season to you all.

I’m really glad to hear that you are still thinking of Entombed. It’s one of my favorite games!!! I hope that when your time lets you, you keep working on it. I’d still love to form my own races, classes, and spells, and either way, I still play it and enjoy every minute … even when corpse web spiders have my entire team poisoned. LOL!

Amy

Amy Herstein

Dec 26, 2017, 9:52:57 AM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I second the NVDA thing, too. Amen! And again, happy holidays.

Amy

Louise Pfau

Dec 26, 2017, 1:41:44 PM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
How do we access that when we’re using the demonstration version?

Louise

Michael Maslo

Dec 26, 2017, 4:13:04 PM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I did that but it brought me to purchase it

Sent from my iPhone

Paul Lemm

Dec 26, 2017, 4:27:48 PM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason,

Good to hear from you and pleased that things are going well for you developing mobile games. Although I purchased entombed when it first came out, its great news to hear it’s now free as I think this will encourage more people to play entombed as it still is in my opinion one of the best audio games around. Thanks for fixing the score thing  too, think I’ll have to have a play through to see if I can get my name near the top of the leader board. All the best for 2018, and although I know you’re busy with developing  mobile games , it’s really promising to hear you are still working on accessible projects too, I look forward to hopefully hearing more about those projects in the future  and maybe even an entombed 2 one day too. again thanks for making entombed free and all the hard work you put in to making us such a great and replayable audio game.

Paul

Dec 26, 2017, 9:21:49 PM12/26/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
This game is seriously still one of the best. Those spiders drive me nuts!

Dallas O'Brien

Dec 27, 2017, 9:27:55 PM12/27/17
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
hi guys, found out about this happening through the blind gamers list. i too have made a new account, and it seems to want to purchase it via the standard site. just won't recognise that you have made it free. and a few other people over on the blind gamers list have said much the same, that it's asking for us to purchase. Hope you can figure out what on earth it's doing. lol. played the first 7 levels and am interested in continuing. ahaha.
thanks for an awesome game!

Louise Pfau

Dec 27, 2017, 10:43:47 PM12/27/17
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I’d like to continue too.

Louise

Joseph Weakland

Jan 4, 2018, 3:03:24 PM1/4/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
good morning:) I made an account when i tried to log in it says payment not found. If you say entoombed is free why do you get upgrade optionj then?

Jason Allen

Mar 20, 2018, 5:31:57 PM3/20/18
to Entombed Discussion (and other games for the blind)
Hello,

I'm not sure why it isn't recognizing the accounts as having been paid for. I set every new account to show up as paid and that has worked for the last 10 years. No idea why it isn't now. I'll investigate some more.

Thanks!
Jason

Jason Allen

Mar 20, 2018, 5:36:26 PM3/20/18
to Entombed Discussion (and other games for the blind)
I found a few accounts that weren't marked for some reason, so if you've created a new one and it didn't work. Try again now. If it still doesn't work I'll be scratching my head. The web code is long lost so I kind of have to fudge it from the server side.

Cheers!
Jason

Paul Lemm

Mar 20, 2018, 6:13:48 PM3/20/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason,

I’ll take a look and let you know. On a slightly separate note, I’ve started coding myself these days, and I really wanted to add a feature similar to the find next tile function you have in entombed ,  but I’ve been scratching my head for a while now as to how I could implement  such a thing. Are there any suggestions you would be willing  to give on how you managed it in entombed? If you don’t want to say that’s fine to, but so as to not detract from the subject line too much feel free to reply off list at paul...@sky.com

Thanks Jason

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/entombedgame.

Paul Lemm

Mar 20, 2018, 6:34:41 PM3/20/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Again Jason,

So just following on from my last email, although I already have a paid entombed account, I just installed entombed on a second computer, I created a new user, (let me know if you want the email or nick name I used  if that helps you see where the issue is)but once I’ve created the account it asks me to log in, then once I do that it  says no payment found, would you like me to transfer you to the entombed payment browser, if I click that it closes entombed  and launches an internet page, if I click no it asks me for my payment transaction number.  Hope the above information all helps.

Paul

Louise Pfau

Mar 20, 2018, 7:02:57 PM3/20/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I just tried to log in, and it worked.  Is there a way to change my nickname?  I found where to change my pasword in account preferences.

Thanks,

Louise

Joan Melendez

Mar 20, 2018, 7:20:33 PM3/20/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
i have an account under this email and it says no payment has bin
found. my eamil is ernes...@gmail.com

Paul Lemm

Mar 21, 2018, 11:33:43 AM3/21/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Louise,

Excellent you got it to work, I wonder if it only works depending on the version of entombed someone is running, would you be able to let us know what version of entombed you are using?

Paul

I just tried to log in, and it worked.  Is there a way to change my nickname?  I found where to change my pasword in account preferences.

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Pfau

Mar 21, 2018, 1:21:45 PM3/21/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I’m using 1.02K

Louise

Paul Lemm

Mar 22, 2018, 10:48:05 AM3/22/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason,

I’ve tried creating a new account using both version K and version B, but both once I’ve created the account  then asks me to log in, when I try and do this I get the no payment found would you like to be transferred to your browser to purchase entombed. I know you said in your original  post you don’t have the code so it makes changing this difficult, I had a potential solution, maybe if you can’t get it to be free for everyone  maybe just reduce the cost on the paypal site to £0.99 instead? I don't think anyone would grumble at paying that for such a good game, I paid full price when it first came out and still think for the amount of times I've played it I've gotten my money’s worth.

Paul

Tyler Wood

Apr 27, 2018, 4:47:15 AM4/27/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hello there
I am having the same issue as others here.
Is there a possible way to resolve this?
I attempt to create an account and log in, which is successful. Then am brought to the yes no regarding if I have purchased the game. I hit yes, I would like to purchase and, as others have been, I am brought to a pay pal button.

My email is tcwo...@gmail.com

Any help appreciated!

threeblacknoises

May 1, 2018, 10:07:08 PM5/1/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hay I just made an account for entoombed under the name displaied on this post; threeblacknoises. I was wondering how long it would take for this account to be activated so I can play the full game. No rush, I'm just new here and heard the game was free now so thought I'd give it a try. Thank you.

hunter

May 2, 2018, 6:26:46 AM5/2/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
I can understand how work can take you away from this game. I can be hard to come back to this when you come home tired every day. Anyway, could you have a look see at my account? It did not convert over to paid. Now just watch, I will complete this game and wished I paid for it. LOL. It's a good game, but the main thing that held me back from buying is was the fact I did not put it in my budget and some of the errors that was in the game. I guess I figured that the bugs would get worked out and the game would get bought... Anyway, thanks for making it free. Really, thanks a bunch.

hunter

May 2, 2018, 11:26:13 AM5/2/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
I forgot to post up here the username I used. I used cw as the username. Just wondering if a notification would be sent out once the account has been activated. Just wondering. LOL.

hunter

May 2, 2018, 11:27:13 AM5/2/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)

igna...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2018, 4:23:26 AM7/16/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hi all, i cant upgrade. I created an account but it takes me to the pay page. Can anyone help please? @jason great game. im loving it

karlo

Jul 16, 2018, 7:52:22 PM7/16/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com, igna...@gmail.com
I have the same problem as you. Regards, Karlo

mars bhuntamata

Aug 13, 2018, 9:27:00 AM8/13/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Salutations
So I heard that Entombed is now free and tried to create an account under the username mars bhuntamata and email marsbhu...@gmail.com. Sadly, my account seems to fall into the same category as others, being unable to access the full version and all. Is free version still a thing? If so, does it require manual activation from you or is there a way for me to fix it? Thank you in advance.

Tayo Bethel

Oct 23, 2018, 4:13:49 AM10/23/18
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
Hi:I just downloaded the game and created an account, but it's still asking for purchasing details.

Adriano Soldaini

Oct 23, 2018, 4:33:57 AM10/23/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason, just an enquiry I’ve been thinking about of the past couple of months, would it be possible for you to create an accessible version of some 1980’s video games I used to play before I became vlind? I know you’d need permission from the original video game makers, but would you be able to get it and make an accessible game?

The games I’m thinking of are elevator action, rygar ancient warrior, chop lifter, pit fall and mat mania – the prowrestling network?

Adriano

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Oct 23, 2018, 5:02:27 AM10/23/18
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
HI,
Thats a little bug. not sure how to fix it. you may write to Jason at

evil...@gmail.com

and see if he can help you with it.

Your not alone on this. many others have reported same problem.

Luck.

shermanator

dungeon explorer

Mar 8, 2020, 2:52:12 PM3/8/20
to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)

same problems. anyone come up with a resolution?

squi...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2020, 8:44:26 PM3/8/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

A few months ago I got a new system. No idea what my old pw was. So I went in and chose forgot pw or something like that. It asked me for email associated with purchase. After a

Sec it said pw was changed and unlocked the game for me. Give that a try. Now I did originally did purchase the game so that  might have a lot to do with it. Worth checking into.

Shermanator

Steve Mann

Mar 10, 2020, 7:49:32 AM3/10/20
to entomb...@googlegroups.com
I just recently had to log in with purchase details too

to Entombed Discussion (Roguelike game for blind and visually impaired)
 Hello. I recently found entombed and love it. Although I know it's an old game, I keep seing that it's free to get the full version. I know these responses are from a while aho too, but I seem to be having the same issue. I have created multiple accounts. I keep being sent to the page with only the information about the game after the game asks if I want to buy it after making my account. I'm wondering how to go about getting the full vesion. I have emailed the created everyday for over a month with no response. I also have serched every search engine because ti want to find about how to go about this, but have had no luck. Someone PLEASE help me!!!!