IMP: presentation dates

Adwitiya Kareng Das

Sep 27, 2012, 5:22:28 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We need to schedule our 25-marker entertainment law presentations (of the cases). In class today, sir told us that he will be leaving Hyderabad on the 6th of October and returning on 20th. Exams begin from the 23rd - so those of us that were present, including sir, felt it is best if we finish off the presentations before the 6th itself.
So the presentations will be held on 2 days - the 3rd and the 5th of October. Sir is yet to specify the timing, but mostly, it will be in the afternoon or evening - tentatively from 5pm to 8 or 8:30 pm. Everyone must attend.

This is the break-up:

TIME:
1. EACH PRESENTATION CAN BE FOR A MAXIMUM OF 20 MINS. If you are a two-member team, it is left to the members' discretion to divide the 20 mins between themselves. You may also decide amongst yourselves to let only one person make the entire presentation.

2. THE WILL BE FOLLOWED BY AN INTERACTION/DISCUSSION ON THAT CASE, NOT EXCEEDING MORE THAN 10 MINS. This is basically where questions maybe asked to the presenters. These questions will be fielded by sir and/or the crowd.

3. NO PRESENTATION MUST EXCEED THIS 20+10 MINS TIME FRAME.

MARKS:
15 marks - content.
5 marks - articulation/ presentation.
5 marks - interaction/ questions.

Now, please reply on this post with your chosen case name, partner (if any) and call the day you'd prefer to make your presentation - 3rd or 5th of October.  And reply promptly because this information needs to be compiled and emailed to sir, which I will be doing later tonight. The rule of dibs applies - so state your preference quickly or the choice will be made for you :)

Thanks!
Ad

Tarun Gopalakrishnan

Sep 27, 2012, 3:59:32 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
Also, he said keep the slides to a minimum, preferably 7-8 slides.

Dipankar Panth

Sep 27, 2012, 4:12:53 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
5th - Ad and Dipankar

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Tarun Gopalakrishnan <taru...@gmail.com> wrote:
Also, he said keep the slides to a minimum, preferably 7-8 slides.

pria...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2012, 4:23:02 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
5th divya and prianca - the desperate housewives case
Prianca Ravichander

From: Dipankar Panth <dipank...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:42:53 +0530
Subject: Re: IMP: presentation dates

Himabindu Killi

Sep 27, 2012, 4:43:11 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com

I want to present on the 3rd.

vishwajith sadananda

Sep 27, 2012, 7:24:31 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
tentatively 5th

Adwitiya Kareng Das

Sep 27, 2012, 9:10:11 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Tarun is right!
In fact he insisted that the slides shouldnt be more than 8.

On 27-Sep-2012, at 11:59 AM, Tarun Gopalakrishnan wrote:

Also, he said keep the slides to a minimum, preferably 7-8 slides.

Rachana Thummala

Sep 27, 2012, 8:40:57 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
I'll be doing Grokster on the 5th. Also, if anyone is interested in splitting the case with me, then I'm open to that. Please let me know! Until then, just me on the 5th :)
--
Rachana Thummala
V Year, B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)

Contact Number:
+91-9652288984

Ankita Gupta

Sep 27, 2012, 11:19:46 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
Lenz v. Universal. 5th

Samira Varanasi

Sep 27, 2012, 11:44:30 AM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
White v. Samsung Electronics on the 5th- Swati and I
Samira Varanasi
5th year
NALSAR University of Law,
Hyderabad.
Contact Nos.: 9000464711 (Hyderabad)
                        9892284711 (Bombay)

Adwitiya Kareng Das

Sep 27, 2012, 1:48:17 PM9/27/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
so with Sam and Swati's team - that makes it six presentations for the 5th. Assuming that everyone has picked a case on that "Cases for discussion" thread, we should have 12 presentations in all. This means that the six remaining people/teams are now scheduled for the 3rd.

varun vaish

Sep 30, 2012, 1:41:00 AM9/30/12
to entert...@googlegroups.com
apple samsung case...3rd is fine...i don't have a partner, if anyone wants to team up let me know :)
Varun Vaish
National Academy of Legal Studies and Research.
Hyderabad.