MG_WEB 'Database connectivity error'

OldMster

Jan 30, 2023, 5:37:14 PM1/30/23
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
I'm getting a rather large number of these error in the mgweb.log, but I can't find any documentation of what they actually mean.  It's hard to figure out how to eliminate them when I don't know the conditions that generate them.

My working theory is they can't find an available connection to the database (YDB, xinetd.d connectivity), but that is just a theory.

I'm using apache2 on Linux as the web server.  I see multiple connections to each of the defined database servers, and the errors don't seem to be grouped on any one server, so I can only guess something is limiting the number of running connections, but I don't know how to look at or change that limit.

Any ideas?

Mark

Arthur “art” Ingram

Feb 2, 2023, 11:04:04 AM2/2/23
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
have you looked at sysctl -a   and compared  info with  logs ?

tuned  kernel config and memory, connection management  with sysctl ?