Need Guidance to Close mumps or mgwsi process after Specified Time Duration !!

James Charles

Mar 5, 2022, 6:39:48 AM3/5/22
to enterprise-web-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Recently during testing, we came to know about a New Issue that mumps or mgwsi processes are running for very long and its consuming disk space and keeping Buffer/Cache Space full all the time.

It usually happens when users don't log-out and just close the Web Pages.

We request you to please suggest the necessary configuration which can close the connections after the stipulated time. Please find the snapshot for your reference.

image.png

chris....@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2022, 1:20:45 PM3/9/22
to enterprise-web-de...@googlegroups.com

Presumably you’re using m_apache with the MGWSI integration service.

If you look in the MGWSI configuration manager you will find a parameter that will shut down idle connections between MGWSI and Mumps after a certain period of inactivity:

DB Server Access -> Timeout for Inactive Connections (specified in seconds)

The m_apache/MGWSI combination is now deprecated in favour of mg_web:

https://github.com/chrisemunt/mg_web

I would encourage you to look at migrating to this more up to date solution for bringing M databases to the web.  If configured correctly, you should not need to make any changes to your web application in rolling out this upgrade.

Chris.

image001.png

OldMster

Mar 10, 2022, 11:02:32 AM3/10/22
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
I would heartily endorse the suggestion to migrate to mg_web.  I did, and it is stable, easy to set up, easy to manage, and I've not had a single issue I can trace back to mg_web.  Very Good Stuff!
Mark

Jai Singh VistA

Jul 16, 2022, 12:22:57 PM7/16/22
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Hi OldMster/ Chris,

Can you please help me in transferring MGWSI gateway to mg_web.
We have done 80% of the installation. No clue how to start the application.

Little Bit Urgent.

Jai Singh VistA

Aug 27, 2022, 7:46:20 AM8/27/22
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Hi OldMster,

We installed the mg_web application 3 weeks ago. The application is absolutely working fine for 250 users.
While doing the load testing of the application using jMeter, we found above 250 users, the error % is very high like 50-60% error.

We have modified all the settings in Linux/ Apache/ mg_web.conf and tried to achieve our goal but still no luck.
Can you please help us in fixing this issue so that we can run the application for more than 2000 users smoothly?

chris....@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2022, 3:30:16 AM9/1/22
to enterprise-web-de...@googlegroups.com

To help people reading this thread, and trying to help, you need to provide some more information:

  • When a request fails, an HTTP error code will be returned to the client (i.e. jMeter) – let us know what’s returned.
  • You need to provide the Apache configuration – at least the settings related to the MPM you have in use.

A concurrency limit of around 256 sounds suspiciously close to the Apache default Max Clients setting.

Chris.