Yottadb on AWS EC2

b.

Sep 26, 2022, 8:51:56 PM9/26/22
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
After installing Yottadb r1.34, each time I log into AWS EC2 to work in Yottadb I have to run ubuntu@ip-:/opt/yottadb$ source $(pkg-config --variable=prefix yottadb)/ydb_env_set   twice.  The first time it throws an error and the second time it runs fine without error.  Where/how might  I figure out why?  Thank you.   b.

ubuntu@ip-:~$ cd $HOME/.yottadb

ubuntu@ip-:~/.yottadb$ source $(pkg-config --variable=prefix yottadb)/ydb_env_set
Error file is at /tmp/ydb_env_1286_NbLCOM/err
%YDBENV-F-ICUNOTFIND UTF-8 character set specified but ICU version not found
$ZSTATUS="150379506,set+72^%YDBENV,%YDB-E-SETECODE, Non-empty value assigned to $ECODE (user-defined error trap)"
ubuntu@ip-:~/.yottadb$ source $(pkg-config --variable=prefix yottadb)/ydb_env_set
ubuntu@ip-:~/.yottadb$ yottadb -direct

rtweed

Sep 27, 2022, 4:28:57 AM9/27/22
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Such YottaDB-specific questions should be asked on the appropriate YottaDB support forum and not here.  Perhaps Bhaskar can advise on where best to post such questions?  (Happy that the issue is answered here though, this once :-) )

Rob

Sam Habiel

Sep 27, 2022, 9:37:10 AM9/27/22
to enterprise-web-de...@googlegroups.com
You can post YottaDB issues on our Gitlab tracker: https://gitlab.com/YottaDB/DB/YDB/-/issues.

Having said that, I think this is the issue you are having: https://gitlab.com/YottaDB/DB/YDB/-/issues/923. It will be fixed in the next version of YottaDB (it's already fixed in our current master).

--Sam

b.

Sep 27, 2022, 11:02:42 AM9/27/22
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Rob and Sam,
Thank you, for the updates and the information, much appreciated!
Best Regards,
Bert