M Based technology and IoT

Raman Sailopal

Feb 3, 2022, 6:39:57 AMFeb 3
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Myself and Rafael Richards have been looking at ways to integrate Internet of Things devices with M based technology.

Some of the results can be found below:

This repo shows a full "end to end" demo using a Raspberry Pi as an IoT device, sending data to a mqtt message broker. Mg_python is then used to read data from the message broker and write to the database. Finally mg-web is used to present the data to Grafana (graphical display tool) via a rest API

This second repo provides an alternative to mg_python, using native M code to publish to a message broker.

Hope this is useful to the community.

Ram

winfrie...@e-ntwicklung.de

Feb 3, 2022, 8:35:10 AMFeb 3
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Thanks for using my GTMQTT ! Unfortunately ist supports only MQTT V 3.1 (and only QOS 0 and so on)., was just a hack to learn the protocol...

I've written another approch in C, using Paha-MQTT-lib for C and a JSON-parser, using GT.M via C-API. Interested?

Raman Sailopal

Feb 3, 2022, 9:42:29 AMFeb 3
to enterprise-web-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Winfried.