mg-showcase

rtweed

Mar 28, 2024, 12:40:05 PMMar 28
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Over the years we've created a lot of technologies for using JavaScript with Global Storage databases such as YottaDB and IRIS.  It might seem a bit daunting at times figuring out just what we've created and why, and how you can make use of our products, especially our most recent technologies that are taking us into some new, interesting and groundbreaking areas.

With that in mind, we've been putting together a Github repository that showcases all our key JavaScript technologies and includes a set of Dockerfiles that allow you to quickly and easily try out everything we've created for yourself.  Everything you could need is already pre-installed, pre-configured and ready to run, and all three containers include exactly the same stuff but tailored to the specific environments.  You can even use the Docker Containers as the basis for your own projects with both YottaDB and IRIS.

The mg-showcase repository also includes a growing set of documentation and tutorials to help you discover what our solutions can do, how to use them and giving you an insight into what they make possible.

One of the key things is the crazy performance - I don't know of any other database used with Node.js or Bun.js that comes even close to the kind of performance we're able to achieve, courtesy of Chris's latest mg-dbx-napi inteface: how about 2.3 million key/value reads per second on a standard M1 Mac Mini?

And with the announcement this week of Redis's decision to dual-license its database, we think there's a great opportunity for YottaDB in particular, especially when you compare YottaDB/mg-dbx-napi performance with that of Redis - something you can try for yourself with our showcase Containers.  Let's just say that Redis, long considered to be the fastest key'/value store you can get for Node.js, is glacially slow by comparison!

mg-showcase is a bit of a work in progress.  We've got lots more documents and tutorials to add, but there's already more than enough there to get started.

Here's the link to get started. All the information you need to get up and running is in the repository documentation:

Raman Sailopal

Mar 28, 2024, 3:32:21 PMMar 28
to enterprise-web-de...@googlegroups.com
As always Rob, great work!!!

rtweed

Mar 29, 2024, 12:06:43 PMMar 29
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Thanks Raman!

Much credit should also go to Chris Munt too!