Announcing mg_web for JavaScript

rtweed

Apr 5, 2024, 2:15:22 PMApr 5
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Hot on the heels of our announcement last week about our ultra-high-performance mg-dbx-napi JavaScript interface for IRIS and YottaDB, we are now pleased to announce a significant new technology - mg_web - which not only represents a new paradigm for JavaScript Web Frameworks, but also delivers significantly higher performance than even the fastest of the established Node.js Web Frameworks, whilst leveraging all the benefits of the big-three industry-standard Web Servers.

Designed with the use of mg-dbx-napi in mind, it's allows straightforward creation of robust, high-performance server-side JavaScript API platforms that also fully exploit the high-performance and flexibility of the YottaDB and IRIS databases.

mg_web is pre-installed and ready to try out for yourself in our mg-showcase Containers for YottaDB and IRIS.

Read all about mg_web here:
https://github.com/robtweed/mg-showcase/blob/master/MGWEB.md

This document sets out the rationale for why we developed mg_web and why it's a more sensible approach than the usual JavaScript Web Frameworks for real-world systems:
https://github.com/robtweed/mg-showcase/blob/master/WHY-MGWEB.md

And finally, check out the results of our benchmark tests which you can try for yourself on your own hardware using our mg-showcase Containers for YottaDB and IRIS: