Front-End Development using Golgi versus React

rtweed

Dec 29, 2022, 5:53:33 AM12/29/22
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
I've not talked much in this forum about Golgi: our modern front-end development framework that is based around WebComponents.

It's also based on one of React.js's core ideas: that an application can be described as a hierarchy of Components, but in the case of Golgi, those components are in the form of natively-supported WebComponents.

As many people are familiar with React as a development framework and approach, I've now added a tutorial that is based around one of the standard React tutorials - Thinking in React:

I demonstrate how the same example application can be designed and built using Golgi instead, and show a number of advanced optimisations that you can apply.

You can read about it here:

I think it's a pretty good way of getting to grips with "Thinking in Golgi" and understanding all of Golgi's basic building-blocks as well as its advanced features.

In my opinion, Golgi has all the good features of React, but avoids what I've found to be some of React's more difficult and awkward features, and makes state management very straightforward.  Additionally, by making use of WebComponents,  it requires a fraction of the code used in React applications and, as a result, loads and runs much quicker, and doesn't need any complex build-chain before you can get started and time-consuming bundling/compilation steps: instead, you just create the Golgi resources and they're loaded on demand straight into the browser, just as the web was originally designed to work!

I've used Golgi for a lot of my own applications and have yet to find anything it can't do.

It's all free, open source code, so please take a look and give it a try!

Annu Seepal

Mar 29, 2023, 5:34:06 AM3/29/23
to Enterprise Web Developer Community
Some popular modern front-end development frameworks include React, Angular, and Vue.js.