Users Can't See Assets

Matt Schuh

Feb 4, 2019, 12:42:09 PM2/4/19
to EnterMedia
Hi All,
I set permissions for users in categories and permissions, however assets won't appear for anyone but the admin account. I have a test user in the users role and group, and the index category set to allow anybody in the users group and role to view the assets. With those restrictions, only the Index category appears (no subcategories), and no assets are displayed. If I remove those restrictions then all subcategories are viewable but no assets are displayed still. What am I doing wrong? I have a test role that has every single permission enabled to make sure I'm not doing something wrong on that page, but it still refuses to display when that role is given permission to access the category.
Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more info if needed.

Thomas Nadalié

Feb 4, 2019, 2:50:31 PM2/4/19
to enter...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

You might need to Approve your assets with an admin account then your Users will be able to see them.

   EnterMedia
   Thomas Nadalié

Matt Schuh

Feb 4, 2019, 2:55:37 PM2/4/19
to EnterMedia
Approve as in change from pending to something else? I need regular users to have this permissions. I gave them permission to change badges (permission to do everything for that matter just for testing) but no luck. Even the ones marked approved aren't visible to anybody but the main admin account.

Matt Schuh

Feb 7, 2019, 9:59:06 AM2/7/19
to EnterMedia
Just wanted to update the status. I can see the assets from permissioned users now - just took a long time to become visible. I'm guessing permissions take a while to take effect?

Thomas Nadalié

Feb 7, 2019, 10:15:51 AM2/7/19
to enter...@googlegroups.com

There is a 5 minute cache on user profiles (which embed the user related permissions). You can force the cache to be refresh by restarting your instance.