enso input

Mar 15, 2010, 1:12:23 PM3/15/10
to Enso Developers
is there a way to run enso command/message from OS [i.e. console/
command_promt]?

Carlos Córdoba

Mar 16, 2010, 11:22:37 AM3/16/10
to enso-de...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, all commands are designed to run through the GUI. In fact, Enso is meant to be a beautiful graphical terminal, adapted to the modern times.

2010/3/15 || <pla...@gmail.com>
is there a way to run enso command/message from OS [i.e. console/
command_promt]?

Atul Varma

Mar 28, 2010, 1:43:30 PM3/28/10
to enso-de...@googlegroups.com
There isn't currently a way to do this, but it's definitely a big use case.

What repository are you using to work with Enso? The defunct svn repo at googlecode, or the one at launchpad? While I've been using open-source Enso daily for the past two years, I spent a lot of time yesterday hacking on my command set [1] and thinking about enhancements to the platform, one of which involved talking to Enso from the command-line.

- Atul

[1] http://hg.toolness.com/my-enso-commands/

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:12 AM, || <pla...@gmail.com> wrote:
is there a way to run enso command/message from OS [i.e. console/
command_promt]?

Carlos Córdoba

Mar 30, 2010, 8:27:49 PM3/30/10
to enso-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi Atul,

I think the few people working on Enso are using the Lauchpad repo (right now I think it's just just blackdaemon for windows). I'm very interested in hearing your ideas about future improvements to Enso and how to use it from a terminal.

Enso has so much potential. I view it more as a plataform than as an app. You could easily build a lot of interesting things with Enso, like an equivalent to CoverSutra for Amarok or Itunes, an spotlight for linux, a fancy text based window switcher (like the one present in closed Enso), etc. For now I specially would like to see Enso working in semimodal mode and with a three pane view, like Ubiquity. I think these are really needed usability improvements.

Carlos

Drarok Ithaqua

Apr 12, 2010, 9:10:49 AM4/12/10
to enso-de...@googlegroups.com
I don't quite understand this use case.

Would you want something like a command line "enso calculate 8*4" to return "12" to stdout?