SOAP Client Wizard and SAP WSDL schema failure

Tommy

Jun 25, 2008, 10:18:47 AM6/25/08
to InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare
Hi all,

I want to call an SAP webservice from within Ensemble. I used the SOAP
Client Wizard to generate the classes, but there is a failure while
reading up the wsdl schema.

failure #6301 SAX XML PARSER
An exception occurred! Type:UTFDataFormatException, Message:Exceede
bytes limits ü, 6-byte sequenc. while processing Anonymous Stream at
line 1 offset 1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="urn:sap-
com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style" xmlns:wsdl="http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/
XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/"
xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/" xmlns:mime="http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/" xmlns:tns="urn:sap-
com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style" xmlns:wsp="http://
schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy" xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-
open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"
xmlns:n1="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">
- <wsdl:documentation>
<sidl:sidl xmlns:sidl="http://www.sap.com/2007/03/sidl" />
</wsdl:documentation>
<wsp:UsingPolicy wsdl:required="true" />
- <wsp:Policy wsu:Id="IF_zw_bapi_cc1_02">
- <sapsession:Session xmlns:sapsession="http://www.sap.com/webas/630/
soap/features/session/">
<sapsession:enableSession>false</sapsession:enableSession>
</sapsession:Session>
<wsp:ExactlyOne xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/
policy" xmlns:sapsp="http://www.sap.com/webas/630/soap/features/
security/policy" xmlns:sp="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-
securitypolicy/200702" xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/
addressing" xmlns:wsu="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/utility" /

</wsp:Policy>
- <wsp:Policy wsu:Id="OP_Cc1UploadTimeevent">
<sapcomhnd:enableCommit xmlns:sapcomhnd="http://www.sap.com/NW05/
soap/features/commit/">false</sapcomhnd:enableCommit>
<sapblock:enableBlocking xmlns:sapblock="http://www.sap.com/NW05/
soap/features/blocking/">true</sapblock:enableBlocking>
<saptrhnw05:required xmlns:saptrhnw05="http://www.sap.com/NW05/soap/
features/transaction/">no</saptrhnw05:required>
<saprmnw05:enableWSRM xmlns:saprmnw05="http://www.sap.com/NW05/soap/
features/wsrm/">false</saprmnw05:enableWSRM>
</wsp:Policy>
- <wsdl:types>
etc..

As I read an Ensemble generated WSDL schema, it works. After
comparing, there is a namespace prefix at the beginning of line 2,
wsdl:

Could this probably be the failure?

James MacKeith

Jun 25, 2008, 11:20:03 AM6/25/08
to Ensemble-in...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tommy

We have seen this before and I believe the problem is that WSDL server
declare the xml as utf-8, but sends it probably as Unicode (as seen from
the error message - the error comes from the first character of the file
and is ü, which normally is the first character of Unicode stream/file).
If you can open the WSDL from within a browser and then save as a file
this should save as 8-bit and then use the Soap Client Wizard to consume
the WSDL file.

If this does not resolve the issue please could you open a support
ticket via sup...@intersystems.com

Best wishes

James