What is ErrRequestNotHandled Error

Noel Sharrock

Jul 18, 2010, 7:45:00 PM7/18/10
to InterSystems: Ensemble in Healthcare
Hi,
I'm trying to set up a client to a simple web service that takes a HL7
A31 message.
The setup process is out of the book. The WSDL checks out. The code
compiles but I get this error with every attempt to send a message.

Source: HMSOperation.Service1Soap
Method: OnMessage
Text: ERROR <Ens>ErrRequestNotHandled: Request message
'3...@EnsLib.HL7.Message' not handled.
I can find no online help or documentation for this error.
No do I know where the OnMessage is. Its not in the
HMSOperation.Service1Soap class

I know I'm missing something simple but I just can't see it.

Thanks
Noel

<code>
Class HMSOperation.Service1Soap Extends Ens.BusinessOperation
[ ProcedureBlock ]
{

Parameter ADAPTER = "EnsLib.SOAP.OutboundAdapter";

Method HL7Receive(pRequest As HMSRequest.HL7ReceiveRequest, Output
pResponse As HMSResponse.HL7ReceiveResponse) As %Library.Status
{
Set ..Adapter.WebServiceClientClass = "HL7ToHMS.Service1Soap"

Set tSC
= ..Adapter.InvokeMethod("HL7Receive",.HL7ReceiveResult,pRequest.AHL7)
Quit:$$$ISERR(tSC) tSC
Set tSC = pRequest.NewResponse(.pResponse) Quit:$$$ISERR(tSC) tSC

Set pResponse.HL7ReceiveResult=HL7ReceiveResult
Quit $$$OK
}

XData MessageMap
{
<MapItems>
<MapItem MessageType="HMSRequest.HL7ReceiveRequest">
<Method>HL7Receive</Method>
</MapItem>
</MapItems>
}

}

</code>

Kim Humby

Jul 18, 2010, 8:29:59 PM7/18/10
to ensemble-in...@googlegroups.com
Hi Noel,

Check the MessageMap in the business operation. It should point to the request type to the right method. This error indicates that you are passing a message type that is not in the message map and Ensemble doesn't know which method to call.

Kim

Thanks
Noel