Re: [elfling] Map Project

Kris Kowal

Aug 22, 2010, 2:49:16 PM8/22/10
to elf...@yahoogroups.com, enno...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've continued working on my Elvish map of Middle-earth, with a lot of
help from Måns (bearing in mind that what errors remain are my own),
and we think it's ready for broader scrutiny.

I've posted the map at: http://3rin.gs/. Pressing lower-case L
toggles between English and Elvish. There's a small link in the lower
right that'll take you to the about page http://3rin.gs/about.html
which contains usage information and links.

There's a display of location links on the right which will bring up
articles loosely describing the construction of the names. If you're
feeling proactive, my source documents are publicly editable
spreadsheets.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=tm9BOhMMEVXDZSjNC0n0ORg&hl=en#gid=0

Any help reviewing the map would be greatly appreciated, given that
there remains a great deal of uncertainty about many of the
translations.

I've constructed a mailing list for the purpose of taking long
discussions off-list.
http://groups.google.com/group/ennorath

My thanks,
Kris Kowal