What is the status of Enliven development?

Leon Talbot

Aug 20, 2014, 7:20:01 AM8/20/14
to enliv...@googlegroups.com
Seems really promising. I wonder if the project will be delivered anytime soon. Or maybe it is already usable? Thank you!

Christophe Grand

Aug 20, 2014, 7:39:35 AM8/20/14
to enlive-clj
Hi Leon,

What's on master on github shoud be (and used to) working for the static server-side but lacks a high-level API.

Locally I've been working on and off on refactorings to enable the clojurescript code emitter. I've toyed with other aspects too (efficiency and IO mainly [1]).

I've not lost interest in it but, sadly, I'm not currently working on projects funding its development — if someone/some company feels like sponsoring its dev, I would be happy to talk about it.

Christophe

[1] I've worked on being able to compose templates and the underlying encoding (I tested directly emitting UTF-8 bytes — skipping encoding for static parts), I experimented with directly emitting compressed output too and I also explored using (direct) bytebuffers and gather writes to further reduce copying.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Leon Talbot <leont...@gmail.com> wrote:
Seems really promising. I wonder if the project will be delivered anytime soon. Or maybe it is already usable? Thank you!

On Clojure http://clj-me.cgrand.net/
Clojure Programming http://clojurebook.com
Training, Consulting & Contracting http://lambdanext.eu/

Leon Talbot

Aug 20, 2014, 11:24:39 PM8/20/14
to enliv...@googlegroups.com, chris...@cgrand.net
Thank you for your answer. How much work (how many days) would it take you to release the first stable version?

Leon

Christophe Grand

Aug 27, 2014, 2:50:28 AM8/27/14
to enliv...@googlegroups.com
Hard question :-) estimates are hard, estimates with fuzzy scope are even harder!

First stable version could be: finishing the rework of the meta emitter to be able to emit html+js+state (the js being produced by cljs of course);15-20 days I guess.

Leon Talbot

Aug 29, 2014, 2:01:25 PM8/29/14
to enliv...@googlegroups.com
And what if you launched a kickstarter campaign for that? For such a great project, something like 5k$+ could be reachable :-)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Enlive" group.