Empowerment in enki: the Parents

Beth Sutton

Mar 15, 2014, 1:51:31 PM3/15/14
to enki-ex...@googlegroups.com

So after spending some more time sitting with the sadness of so many of us feeling disrespected and disempowered, we came to feel that more clarity about how empowerment works in Enki is needed. Overall,  the issue raised seems to be around decision making in Enki and what that means about our respect for all of you.

Issues of empowerment and respect tend to arise when people disagree. But in this case, we thought it might be most useful to start by looking at where we  do agree. Likely one place of agreement lies in how we look at your right to use the Enki material and information in your lives.

Chances are high that you feel that how you use Enki in your lives is 100% your business, and that – while you may come to us to hear our perspective and to explore issues together, and some of the time that perspective is really important to you – in the end it is none of our business what you do with the information and materials in your own life.

 We agree with that 100%, without reservation or qualification; that is where the parent and teacher empowerment in Enki lies.

And with that empowerment comes a deep respect from us. It is not a respect of believing that each of you, or any one of us, is always right. It is a deep respect for the right, which is yours and yours alone, to make decisions for your lives. It is an honoring of you in your process – even if we firmly disagree and even if your decisions turn out to be a mistake in your own eyes. Still we must and do respect you in your process; knowing that you are doing your best for your situation, and that only you can walk that path.

Let’s start with that.

Beth and Amy

This conversation is locked