Alternative to Google for geocoding

John Milner

Oct 7, 2021, 6:58:09 PM10/7/21
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Hello Enketo folks,

Has anyone ever used a service other than Google's for geocoding? Their pricing at 5 USD per 1000 requests gets quite expensive when people undertake country-wide surveys. I see https://positionstack.com/product, which is dramatically more affordable, but I'm totally unfamiliar with it. Also, I found something that uses OSM data and can be self-hosted, but the requirements (64 GB RAM and 900+ GB disk) are somewhat fearsome: https://nominatim.org/.

I'm curious to know what others are using. Thanks for reading!

John