Form not working on mobile browsers

Zvi Grauer

Feb 10, 2022, 8:00:26 AM2/10/22
to enketo-users

Hi,

I am experiencing a strange phenomenon. I created an enketo web form, which can be accessed here: Enketo Express for KoBo Toolbox and which includes a geopoint type question.

The geopoint works fine on a computer’s browser, and on kobocollect on my phone, but when I use my phone’s browser (I use chrome on android, but the problem was also reported by someone using an iPhone and Safari), the geopoint widget does not work.  On a tablet (10") it is fine, like on the computer.

Instead of a map, I get the following screen, with the option of entering the coordinates by hand. If I click the Map button, the map does not open.

The same happens with a geotrace widget.

I tried several ‘Collect data’ options, neither one I tried seemed to work, though I may have not tried all of them. I also tried several appearance options. I attach the form and the screenshot. I already asked in the KoboToolbox forum.

When use the enke.to/x/widgets, the map widgets display just fine on my browser.

Any ideas a) what causes this, and b) how do I fix it?

My goal is to collect information from former travelers on medical problems experienced on their trips. Each one would enter a response once. Most of them will do so through a mobile phone, and the geopoint/geotrace question is the heart of survey, so there is no working around it...

Thanks,

Zvi.

aAsfpCT7yduS948q2huamT.5Feb2022.xlsx
enketo.jpeg