multiple calculate on a very long select_one

Jonathan Durand

Mar 23, 2022, 11:28:07 AM3/23/22
to enketo-users
Hi Martijn and others,

I have a very long list of element in a select_one from a CSV file. I filter this list with a choice_filter with another list.
Finally, according to the choice_filter, the final user show only 4 or 5 elements of the very longue list.

I add somes calculcate who get some attributes in the very longue list.
This calculates make a lot of time to execute because each calculate loop through the whole list - and this freeze the IHM.
xlsform_latence.PNG

There is a way to speed up the loop ?
Or, do you think we can change the 'instance' method for loop only over the list filter with the current 'choice_filter' ?
Or maybe create a specific widget for that, use the magic 'helpersRequired' and 'evaluate' ? But I don't think if that can be work very well on a calculate question.

Thanks,
Jonathan