"Save error" when submitting encrypted forms

AlfonsoC

Jul 11, 2020, 7:02:18 AM7/11/20
to enketo-users
Hello,

I recently tried using encrypted forms with Enketo (2.3.6) connected to ODK Aggregate (2.0.5). I followed the steps of the tutorial (https://blog.enketo.org/encryption/) for the form, but, when submitting it, I get the error message:
"RSAES-OAEP input message length is too long"

Is it related to some parameter of the enketo configuration?

Thank you!

Alfonso

Martijn van de Rijdt

Jul 13, 2020, 2:40:08 PM7/13/20
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alfonso,

Thanks for reporting this. This is not a known issue. Could you share a screenshot to see exactly at what point this error is shown? Also, could you confirm that a small form has the same issue?

Cheers,
Martijn

Pushing data since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog

--
Revolutionizing data collection since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog

Alfonso Caiazzo

Jul 13, 2020, 4:30:08 PM7/13/20
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martijn,

Thanks for getting back.

I had googled a bit and found out that this was a problem with the key, I had made some mistake in the process. I realized it when filling the form with ODK collect, where the error message was "wrong public key".
So, the problem is solved.

(maybe it will be helpful for some user later to know what  can cause the "Save error".

Best,

Alfonso

--
Alfonso Caiazzo

Martijn van de Rijdt

Jul 13, 2020, 5:34:03 PM7/13/20
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for the update. This will be helpful indeed!