Les formulaires enketo restent tous dans la queue

Lahatra RAKOTOASITERA

Nov 11, 2020, 4:05:40 AM11/11/20
to enketo-users
Bonjour,
J'aurai besoin d'explication et d'aide sur le pourquoi des formulaires qui restent dans la queue et comment y remédier s'il vous plait. Je joins une capture du problème rencontré.
Capture_pb ENketo 27102020.JPG

Merci bien,
Lahatra

Martijn van de Rijdt

Nov 11, 2020, 11:48:04 AM11/11/20
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lahatra,

This message in red is returned by the server that your records are sent too. It is not accepting the submissions. I have never seen this message before so I am a bit puzzled. You may want to click Export and inspect on the XML records in a text editor (like Notepad++). You could also try submitting the exported records with ODK Briefcase. That should also fail, but perhaps it provides better information.

Let us know what you find out please.

Regards,
Martijn

Pushing data since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog

--
Revolutionizing data collection since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog

Lahatra RAKOTOASITERA

Nov 12, 2020, 3:37:12 AM11/12/20
to enketo-users
Hi Martijn,

Thank you for your feedback. We will see and I will keep you informed of the result.
But after doing some more research on the error "value too long for type character varying(100)", we thought that the problem is about the number of characters and we will inform our teams to be brief and concise.
I have another question: is it possible to delete or cancel forms in the queue (queue)? And how should we proceed then?

Best,
Lahatra

Martijn van de Rijdt

Nov 13, 2020, 11:47:43 AM11/13/20
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lahatra,

Yes, indeed it's quite likely the server thinks a field value has too many characters. If it is not possible to fix this on the server, you may want to consider adding a constraint like "string-lenght(.) < 100".

I have another question: is it possible to delete or cancel forms in the queue (queue)? And how should we proceed then?

You can, but only all records (draft and final) together and for all Enketo forms stored in the browser (so could be dangerous if the users are entering data for multiple surveys). To do this use this secret feature:

1. Click on the version number that is inconspicuously shown below the records in the sidebar.
2. A 'Clear Storage' button will appear.

Good luck,
Martijn

Lahatra RAKOTOASITERA

Nov 19, 2020, 1:32:38 AM11/19/20
to enketo-users
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tip. We're really going to use it to move forward.
But for the number of characters and field values, how can we add a constraint like "string-lenght(.) < 100" if we use the free version of enketo.

Thanks,
Lahatra

Martijn van de Rijdt

Nov 19, 2020, 6:05:14 PM11/19/20
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lahatra,

You can upload it at https://getodk.org/xlsform/ and test in Enketo using the 'Preview in Browser' button.

More info here: https://xlsform.org.

P.S. The paid version of Enketo is just a hosted version of the free Enketo. There are no differences in features.

Cheers,
Martijn

Mohamed Silly

Nov 20, 2020, 5:34:08 AM11/20/20