Number Pad available for iOS?

Tyler Depke

Jan 6, 2022, 8:48:14 AMJan 6
to enketo-users
Hello Martin and others,

Perhaps I'm just unaware of what I need to do, but I'd like for my integer fields and decimal fields to show "number pad" and "decimal pad" respectively. Decimal Pad could be used for both actually. These can be seen at the following link:

I have "numbers" in the appearance column for integer fields and it shows a decimal pad on my Samsung A5 2017, but isn't working on iOS.  Instead it shows the numbers keyboard with numbers in the first row with punctuation and special characters in rows 2 and 3. I need bigger numbers for quick repeated entries. I've tried on Safari, Brave, and Chrome browsers and they all respond the same.

Please let me know if this is available and I just don't know how to do it or this isn't currently possible.

Thanks,

Tyler

PS. I don't know if this helps but might be relevant:

Martijn van de Rijdt

Jan 10, 2022, 2:54:10 PMJan 10
to enketo...@googlegroups.com
The problem is probably that Apple's browser engine doesn't support it. All other (non-Safari) browsers on iOS/iPad OS are required to use Apple's rendering engine too unfortunately.

I believe the links refer to native apps, which Apple does not try to sabotage (by dragging their feet), but that doesn't help us.

Pushing data since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog

--
Revolutionizing data collection since 2012.

Enketo    |    LinkedIn    |    GitHub    |    Twitter    |    Blog