Gene Expression Maps

Mel Thalhammer

Apr 22, 2021, 5:09:59 AM4/22/21
to enigma-toolbox
Hey everyone,

thank you for providing this amazing toolbox!

For my Master's project, I am working on group differences in cortical thickness and GM volume between preterm-born and term-born adults and have already preprocessed the data in Freesurfer 7.1.1. I have already performed a group analysis using Freesurfer and have created thresholded maps for group differences using mris_preproc and mri_glmfit.

As a next step, I want to overlay my results with gene expression data from AHBA and came across the ENIGMA toolbox. I am wondering which data I should load in order to achieve identify genes altered in prematurity. Should I import the complete maps created in Freesurfer or is it also possible to again create z-maps with the toolbox for group differences and then parcellate the data again?

Best,
Melissa

Sara Larivière

Apr 26, 2021, 9:54:26 AM4/26/21
to enigma-toolbox
Hi Melissa,

You can find AHBA gene expression data tables for a range of parcellations and stability thresholds here: https://github.com/saratheriver/enigma-extra/tree/master/ahba

If your group difference maps are not in any of those parcellations, you can use our import/export and vertexwise<->parcellation tools to map your data to a common space.

Hope this helps,

Sara.

Lucija Anusic

Dec 8, 2021, 7:29:49 AM12/8/21
to enigma-toolbox
Hello everyone,

I came across this Google Convo while searching for papers that used your toolbox, but could not find many.
I was wondering if anyone knows about any papers that had used the ENIGMA toolbox in their studies? I am asking because we will be using it for a meta-analysis of neuroimaging studies and would like to see how others used it.

Thank you in advance,
Lucija Anušić