DK labels for surface_to_parcel output

zhipeng

Jul 5, 2021, 12:57:34 PM7/5/21
to enigma-toolbox

Hi Sara,

Congratulations on the Nature methods publication.

I tried to use the toolbox to convert vertex data (functional gradient map on conte69) to DK parcellation (aparc_conte69) and got 71 results. Is there a place I can find the labels for those results?

Regards

Zhipeng

Sara Larivière

Jul 5, 2021, 1:11:11 PM7/5/21
to zhipeng, enigma-toolbox
Hi Zhipeng,

Thank you!

If you're using matlab, you can run this to get the labels for the left hemisphere (see code below). Labels on the right hemisphere are ordered the same way. Please note however that the left and right mask is one (and not two) region and is the first value in your 71x1 vector. Also do not mind the 'fsa5' in the annot filename (the order of the parcels is the same for both fsa5 and conte69).

[~, ~, colortable] = read_annotation('fsa5_lh_aparc.annot');
colortable.struct_names

Hope this helps,

Sara.

zhipeng

Jul 5, 2021, 1:40:50 PM7/5/21
to enigma-toolbox
Hi Sara,
Thank you for your quick response, I think I figured it out now.
There were 36 regions including "unknown" and "corpus" per hemisphere, with the order as shown in the annotation file.
The first value of the results is the "unknown" for both left and right, so the right hemisphere starts with "bankssts".

All the best,
Zhipeng