which parcellation should be used?

Fabio

Jun 30, 2021, 1:28:24 PM6/30/21
to enigma-toolbox
Dear Developers,

thank you very much for your giant effort in producing this toolbox!

I do not have clear from the documentation which parcellation one should use to contextualize results (e.g. z-values of group differences) using the BirBrain gradients or the Economo and Koskinas cytoarchitectonic atlas. To be specific, in the example:

what is exactly 'CT_d'? I tried using vertexwise maps resampled into fsaverage or fsaverage5, or the schaefer200 parcellation. The function economo_koskinas_spider() always produces a result, and it differs. It also produces a result using as input an array of arbitrary length, and this puzzles me, so I think I misunderstood something... Is this question related to the "Gene Expression Maps" one?

Thank you very much for any help!

Bests
Fabio

Sara Larivière

Jun 30, 2021, 3:06:19 PM6/30/21
to Fabio, enigma-toolbox
Hi Fabio,

Thanks for using the Toolbox and apologies for any confusion.

I do not have clear from the documentation which parcellation one should use to contextualize results (e.g. z-values of group differences) using the BirBrain gradients or the Economo and Koskinas cytoarchitectonic atlas.
You can use any atlas that's available within the Toolbox. By default I believe it uses aparc. You can change that by using the parcellation argument.

what is exactly 'CT_d'? I tried using vertexwise maps resampled into fsaverage or fsaverage5, or the schaefer200 parcellation. The function economo_koskinas_spider() always produces a result, and it differs. It also produces a result using as input an array of arbitrary length, and this puzzles me, so I think I misunderstood something... Is this question related to the "Gene Expression Maps" one?
CT_d is data that was previously loaded and that is being used throughout the tutorials. In this case it represents Cohen's d values comparing cortical thickness in left TLE vs controls. Please note that some modules depend on previous functions/step. These are indicated in green boxes with the title 'Prerequisites' (e.g., loading CT_d).

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Sara.