Zipang news

Fran Hazelton

Apr 4, 2018, 5:41:25 AM4/4/18
to enheduann...@googlegroups.com

Dear ZIPANG friend

The Zipang storytellers were honoured to have the opportunity on 20 March to share the art of oral storytelling to people from the National Museum of Iraq in Baghdad who were participating in a Digitisation Training Project at the British Museum. We were asked to teach the trainees to tell a story from Mesopotamian mythology and we did! They were great to work with. Here's a short illustrated report.

http://www.zipang.org.uk/pastevents/200318/slide1.htm

On 28 and 29 March, Zipang friends braved a cold wet morning in Trafalgar Square and enjoyed a comfortable lunchtime in the BP Lecture Theatre at the British Museum to welcome to London the lamassu created from date syrup cans by Iraqi-American artist Michael Rakowitz. Here's a short illustrated report.

http://www.zipang.org.uk/pastevents/280318/slide1.htm

Best wishes,

The ZIPANG team

The Enheduanna Society is a registered heritage education charity dedicated to popularising the literature of ancient Iraq through the art of oral storytelling.

Registration no. 1097515

Website