Happy New Year

Fran Hazelton

Jan 2, 2018, 5:53:43 AM1/2/18
to enheduann...@googlegroups.com

Dear ZIPANG friend

Happy New Year to all Zipang friends!

Zipang plans for 2018 include a visit to Amman in Jordan as guests of the Iraqi Business Council. At its festival of Iraqi culture, Mesopotamian storytelling telling performances will be given in English and Arabic by June Peters and Badia Obaid. Simon Clemenson will provide an introduction to cuneiform script.

We will also participate in acivities provided by the British Museum for Iraqi scholars visiting the UK with the British Institute for the Study of Iraq (BISI).

The Zipang Recording Project (ZRP) launched in Octoer 2017 will be making the Zipang repertoire of Mesopotamian stories available for listening to online in English and Arabic.

We look forward to your continued support and wish you all the best for the year ahead.

The ZIPANG team

The Enheduanna Society is a registered heritage education charity dedicated to popularising the literature of ancient Iraq through the art of oral storytelling.
Registration no. 1097515