Intro to OER and Writing and AI webinar recordings available

Anna Mills

Dec 5, 2023, 3:55:11 PM12/5/23
to English OER
Hello all, just sharing the links to these recent webinars:

Writing and Artificial Intelligence: An Open Educational Resources (OER) Guide recording and slides.
How do teachers who assign writing teach about artificial intelligence (AI) text generators? Joel Gladd and Liza Long have developed an OER guide to Writing and Artificial Intelligence in Write What Matters (Pressbooks) that helps students and teachers understand the predictive nature and limitations of large language models like ChatGPT. They invite us to become familiar with these systems and strategies for prompting and citing AI even as we continue to wrestle with the ethical considerations.

Introduction to OER for English recording and slides.
Join us for this introductory session on English and literature Open Educational Resources. We will explore old and new OER texts, reserving time for questions and discussion. Bring your ideas and experiences to share.

Best, Anna