Announcing a Student OER Contribution Contest

Anna Mills

Jul 28, 2022, 4:08:20 PM7/28/22
to English OER
The 2022 How Arguments Work Student Contribution Contest (contest.howargumentswork.org)
  • Interested to learn more about open educational resources, open pedagogy, and/or social annotation?

  • Want your students to earn recognition for contributions to other students' learning?

We are seeking teachers who would like to assign some part of the free and open OER textbook How Arguments Work: A Guide to Writing and Analyzing Texts in College in Fall 2022 and want to invite their students to submit editorial suggestions, original examples, or videos that could become part of the textbook.

The 2022 How Arguments Work Student Contribution Contest offers cash prizes and/or certificates of recognition to all college students who submit contributions or suggestions responding to some part of the textbook How Arguments Work: A Guide to Writing and Analyzing Texts in College.

In association with the contest, we will offer several professional development webinars this fall on OER and social annotation of course readings. These are directed to teachers using How Argument Work but will be open to all. Register below:

Thanks for considering this! We hope submitting to the contest will be a way for students to extend their learning and boost their confidence.

Yours,
Anna Mills