New Advanced ESL reading and writing text, webinar tomorrow 10:30 PST

Elizabeth Wadell

May 19, 2022, 3:13:02 PM5/19/22
to engli...@googlegroups.com
Hello, English colleagues,

I wanted to share a new Advanced ESL reding and writing text funded through the ASCCC OERI grant. It's intended for one level below transfer level composition, but I think it could also be of use to English instructors. Each chapter of the text presents a theme so students can explore reading and writing in context, academic readings from openly licensed texts, and example student writing. Language skills are presented as tools for making meaning rather than errors to be corrected.

Here is a link to Reading, Writing, Research, and Reasoning: An Advanced ESL Text. Also,  the editors and contributors will be introducing the text at a webinar from 10:30-11:30AM on Friday, May 20.

We have realized through this process that creating OER is an ongoing process and appreciate any feedback, corrections, etc.

Thank you, and have a great weekend.
Beth Wadell

Elizabeth (Beth) Wadell

Pronouns: she/her

English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Instructor

Laney College

Oakland, CA