Cereal is Soup

Sybil Priebe

May 20, 2022, 10:51:43 AM5/20/22
to English OER

Good morning, all!

I have officially "given birth" to a new #OER. _Cereal is Soup_ (with and without readings) can be found here in Word and PDF versions:

bit.ly/ArgumentOER

This OER textbook on argument is different from other textbooks in these ways:

  • The “With Readings” version contains examples from a wide range of people and voices, most of which are not white cisgender men.
  • It comes from the perspective that students ALREADY know how to argue. Chapter Zero starts with exercises that show students what they already are aware of when it comes to argument.
  • It focuses on content and structure, rather than terminology or grammar.
  • It contains a lot of memes, screenshots of tweets, and slang.

Anna Mills

May 20, 2022, 1:14:38 PM5/20/22
to Sybil Priebe, English OER
Congratulations, Sybil!  I love the title, the contemporary style, and the approach that highlights students' existing competencies. I'm excited to dive into the book.
Anna Mills